A full 6 stage rally that wants to challenge our riders. In the southern part of the country, in the Algarve and Alentejo region, we will be riding technical terrain, trails in the woods, lots of sand, single track, as well as fast flowing trails. The stages are between 250 and 370 km and the focus will be on navigation that will be quite intensive, and also competitive, as the winner of the day will be the best navigator. This is not a rally experience you win with speed, but with consistency and accuracy. The best navigator over the course of the week will be our navigation rally winner.
We have prepared the routes and all our roadbooks ourselves, edited them to the highest standards and we have pre-run every meter of them. The roadbooks use the FIM specs and coloring, so it is imperative the rider knows the icons and understands them. We will provide you beforehand with that information, but there will be also daily briefings.
When riding in remote areas, safety is our main focus. Every bike will be equipped with the Rally Comp device that allows waypoint validation, speed zones, safety waypoints as well as real-time tracking over satellite. Rally Comp also allows communication between the bike and the tracker. The pilot can communicate if he has a technical problem, if he suffered a crash, or if he needs assistance. Should a pilot get off course too much, then the tracker can send a message with the correct waypoint to open on the Rally Comp to get him back on the roadbook. A sufficient number of waypoints will be inserted in the roadbook so that you regularly get confirmation you are on the right track. As a backup we will provide you the .gpx track and waypoints in case you want to use your GPS to get back on the roadbook. A medical first responder will be following the group in the support 4×4.
Physical condition requirements
This Portugal rally experience has some long stages. You certainly do not have to be a top athlete, however, riding a rally bike for 6 days straight is still a demanding physical exercise so it is advised to prepare yourself to be able to do that. However, should anyone choose at a certain point to prefer to return to the hotel by asphalt, that is always a possibility, as the furthest point is about 75 minutes away by road from the hotel. Being in good physical condition is also important for safety reasons.
Where possible we will stay in 4* hotels. We are not going Malle moto as a general rule, and we want our riders to have a comfortable room. Single room option is available upon request. When we are in remote places we may not have access to 4* hotels and will have to adapt to the availability in the area.
The package we have prepared wants you to have no surprises or any hidden costs. The rider just has to fly to Málaga with his/her own riding gear. The price for 7 days is 11,900 euros. Included are:
- Rental of a KTM 450 factory rally 2020/2021, fully prepared and with a set of new Michelin Desert tires and BIB mousses. Depending on riding style, if you wish to have a tire change, that is possible at the following reduced price: front tire 55 euro, rear tire 110 euro, mousse front or rear 100 euro.
- Mechanical assistance: a mechanic will take care of the bikes every day. You don’t need to do any maintenance yourself.
- Fuel for your bike, oil changes, oil, and air filters.
- Hotel in full pension, twin room. A single room is available upon request for an extra fee.
- Transfer from and to the airport
- Insurance 3rd party
- Support vehicle with a trained medical first responder onboard
- Satellite communication: The Rally Comp will be installed on all bikes.
- (A Garmin InReach will be provided to each rider so that you can always communicate and give your position to our support vehicle.)
- A GPS with the tracks and waypoints as a safety backup will be provided to each rider.
What if you damage the bike?
Small scratches from a tip-over or insignificant damage will not be brought into account, but obviously, in the unfortunate case of a crash with damage to the bike will have to be repaired and that cost will be the responsibility of the rider. We will therefore put a retainer of 3000 euros on your credit card.
To express your interest and give us a better idea of your needs, please fill out the form below so we can get in touch. If you can outline your previous riding experience, that’d be really helpful9